Monday 26 October 2009

Choosing stabilizer


Stabilization test. A little shaken MTB path from montonm on Vimeo.

I have always used stabilization software to make smoother videos of the rough and stony paths near my home. Recently I'm looking for the best software to do it.
Watch too the next video:

Stabilization test. Medium shaken and large swings from montonm on Vimeo.

So far I have been using SteadyHand, but since stopping to use miniDV feel I need another which can operate with other codecs and HD videos.
First video shows three stabilizers: Mercalli Pro-DAD, deShaker and SteadyHand de Dynapel in a quiet path, quite flat and easy. The second shows more active trail, not very stony but fairly swinging.
To better compare I recommend watch the videos in Vimeo web. Could be usefull to mask one  frame with a paper or hand.

Perhaps it was premature, but I think deShaker works better than others, with no errors and  even smoother  movement with less frame oscilation. Next "long" video I will use deShaker for edit it, and see.

No comments: